In our latest Round Table event as part of The Live Series, we had an in-depth conversation with some of London’s most experienced technical leaders about some of the issues they came across when trying to scale the team.
Topics we covered include:
- How big is the team that you manage now & how is it structured?
- How have you found hiring to be over the last year & how did that change because of the pandemic?
- What are some of the issues you can come across when taking on too many developers at once?
- Is it better to hire people at a more junior level who have more to prove & improve on, or senior engineers straight away?
- Do you think that a need to hire quickly leads to a drop in quality of the people you take on?
- How do you ensure that you maintain diversity within your team when hiring at scale?
• Jamie Crowley – Recruitment Consultant @ Amicus Recruitment
• Tom Murton – Engineering Manager @ DAZN
• Carl Russell – VP of Engineering @ Collectiv Food
• Michael Zucker – Director of Engineering @ Culture Trip
• Luke Mawbey – VP of Engineering @ ComplyAdvantage
• William Hayes – Head of Engineering @ iwoca
• Michael Tempest – Technical Lead @ Critical Mass