Back to jobs

Lead Software Engineer - React/Node - Mental Health platform - Up to £90,000

Job description

Lead Software Engineer - React/Node - Mental Health platform - Up to £90k

The Role

I’m working alongside a startup who are building a platform to help people to improve their health! Their platform has both B2B & B2C functionalities – and you will be coming in to help with a huge number of greenfield projects for the year, as well as helping the CTO to manage the wider dev team. As a Lead, around 70% of your time will be spent coding, with the other 30% of your time focused on mentoring the other members of the team, managing roadmaps etc. 

You will work within a team of four engineers & work closely alongside the CTO to help improve their platform & to provide solutions to any bugs or production issues which come up during builds. Their platform is already established to the point where the company are comfortably making a profit – so the code you write will contribute directly to thousands of paying users.

You will work on the backend of their product & help on a range pf projects including microservice builds, infrastructure re-builds etc. There will be the opportunity to get involved on their frontend too (built in React) but the majority of your work will be done on the server-side.  


The company are growing at an impressive rate at the moment! They have just closed off a funding round & are looking to expand the functionality of their app throughout 2022. 

Their platform is one that everyone wants the opportunity to work on – seriously! Their product is used by businesses who then provide access to it for their employees in order to provide health & lifestyle advice and even live sessions with healthcare professionals which can be adapted to each person’s specific needs. 

They are a remote business &  whilst they require people to be based in the UK for payroll reasons, you can work from anywhere you like! They do have a co-working space in London which will be used for a monthly day of meetings / socials. 



  • Node.js – 2+ years
  • TypeScript
  • React
  • Experience mentoring / managing other engineers


  • AWS
  • CI/CD
  • Postgres
  • STEM degree or equivalent


As well of a salary of up to £90,000, this company offers a fantastic benefits package comprising of 25 days holiday + BH, equity, regular healthcare sessions, flexible hours, team retreats etc.

Please send a copy of your most up to date CV to to be considered.

Lead Software Engineer - React/Node - Mental Health platform - Up to £90k