Managing Consultant L1
Senior Backend Engineer – Golang - (Remote in US) - $150,000 - $180,000 + Equity
My client is a Series A tech scale-up with almost 200 employees. Their unique data driven platform is being used by thousands of the world’s biggest brands to offer powerful automated communication that people like to receive.
In today’s world, it’s more important than ever for companies to understand data and how it can be used to better their users experiences and offer true value. Their platform is a one-of-a-kind, interactive experience that can help companies reach their users, offering valuable information including targeted ads and marketing campaigns.
Thousands of companies worldwide use their platform to manage, send, and track performance of SMS, email & push notifications and have seen huge success in hitting marketing and growth goals. What makes them special is how data driven their platform is, they allow companies to understand their customers/users by increasing relevance through behavioural data.
With almost 200 people in the company, their remote engineering team currently sits at 50 with a plan to double in size over the next 12 months. They have an immediate need for 10 engineers over the next 4 weeks, split across Frontend and Backend. You will be working closely with diverse and talented team of QA, DevOps, Backend and Frontend Engineers.
What you'll do:
- Be a mentor for writing well-architected, tested and easily understandable services in Go that help customers easily send timely & relevant messages.
- Apply unique perspectives to help the company define and build the next generation of features and infrastructure.
- Work with the tech support teams to diagnose any operational issues and help the customers to achieve their goals with the product.
- Take an active role in a friendly supportive team that encourages you to grow as a individual, professional and team
- Mentor other co-workers through code review, pair programming, team collaboration, and training to help improve the companies knowledge and best practices together
As a remote first company, they offer amazing opportunities to grow within the business whilst making a significant impact on thousands of businesses across the world using their platform.
You must have 5 years + professional Software Engineering experience.
- Strong Go skills and willingness to use the language
- A good understanding of problems of scalability and experience building out performant distributed applications on cloud infrastructure.
- MySQL experience
- Cloud – GCP, AWS or Azure
Benefits include Unlimited PTO, 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your family, 12 weeks paid parental leave, 401k retirement matching, Health and wellness allowance - up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage. WFH stipend - up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up. Up to $200 USD per month for your internet & cell phone plans. Learning & development - up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes & workshops. Company retreats twice a year every spring and fall. Remote & flexible schedule so you can work anywhere you want!