Back to jobs

Lead Software Engineer - TypeScript - Up to £95,000

Job description

Lead Engineer – React / Node / TypeScript – EnviroTech – Up to £95,000


I’m working alongside a tech for good business who have developed an IoT product which is helping revolutionise the race towards a world with a cleaner carbon footprint!

Their product is fitted onto farms to ensure that areas which are typically high in damaging gases, to allow them to convert it into a safer environment. They also build a product which allows farmers to easily analyse the health of their animals using complex machine learning algorithms. They are definitely a very unique business and because of this, they are doing incredibly well in the market!

There’s 25 people in the business overall, with four people within the squad you will be leading – including frontend devs, machine learning engineers and designers! The company operate on a heavily remote basis & you can work from home full time with the occasional meeting in their London office.

The role

The CTO is looking to onboard a Lead Engineer to help take some of the day to day running of the team & projects away from him. This role would be perfect for a senior engineer who has experience running a small team or running projects, to take a step into a management focused role. Around 70% of your time will be spent managing the team, getting involved in roadmap planning, architectural decisions etc – with the other 30% being purely hands on coding.

They have features ready to build for their web app so this will take up the first 5-6 months of your time here but after this, you will working on a brand new app which is due for deployment in Q1 of 2023.

The full stack you will work with includes: TypeScript, React, Node, Rest APIs, MongoDB, AWS etc

Interview process

  • Intro call with CTO & Head of Web (non-technical) – 45 mins
  • Take home task – 90 mins
  • Final interview with CEO & COO – 60 mins
  • Offer!

Salary & package

On offer is a salary up to £95,000 DOE + a long list of benefits including share options, pension plan, personal L&D budget etc!

What are your thoughts? Feel free to apply or message me directly if you’d like any more information.