Managing Consultant L1
Senior Golang Engineer - Up to $200,000 + stocks & signing fee - Fully Remote across the US - Bio Tech / Tech for Good
My client are looking for an excellent Senior Backend Golang Engineer with strong cloud skills to help build a SaaS platform that biologists and research institutions can run their own data pipelines and manage their data.
They’ve received well in excess of $70m in funding to date and are now onboarding some of the worlds most renowned research institutions who rely heavily on their platform. One of their biggest clients is Harvard University who are using their data driven platform to store all their data in one place and analyse sequencing data to push towards completing some incredibly innovative projects. They are eventually trying to build a service that will almost be seen like Github but for biologists to data and share knowledge amongst themselves with a particular emphasis on de-extinction of declining animals!
They were founded 3 years ago and hired a CTO to build there SaaS application last June and you will join a team of 15 super talented engineers on a great mission.
You will collaborate closely with their biology/product team to understand the needs and requirements for backend services and tools to support their evolving product.
- Lead emerging Engineering initiatives and opportunities to help build and drive the team
- Define and implement Infrastructure & Security best practices and policies
- Oversee Cloud deployment strategy and initiatives such as
- Common Reusable Architecture
- Security Services and Securing the Infrastructure
- Driving Operational excellence
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing
- Drive process improvements to support the production software platform
- Proficient in back-end and cloud technologies including Go, Google Cloud, Docker, Postgres SQL
- Ability to function well in a growth-oriented, nimble environment
- Experience scaling out Engineering and project management processes
- Expertise working with teams to define and iterate on processes to fit the team’s expertise and external demands
- Knowledge of Cloud best practices and standards in the context of building out a SaaS platform
- Expertise in security working with customers in a SaaS environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience presenting to executive leadership teams and key stakeholders
- Practiced interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong emotional intelligence and passion for building relationships across all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
** This role is unable to offer Visa sponsorship **
Please reach out to email@example.com if interested in finding out more!