Senior Back-End Engineer – Home Fitness Platform – Up to €90k – Fully remote
About the company:
I’m currently working with a fitness tech start-up that are looking to lead the revolution around the way people get fit through online fitness classes. Combining the best technology with expert coaching their aim is to help people across the world to achieve their fitness goals from the comfort of their own home.
Founded in 2017, this company has grown steadily for the last 5 years and the trajectory for the business is exceptional. Backed by venture capitalists this client has had a total of over €7million in funding, and they are now looking for a Senior Back-End Engineer to ensure that their platform can stay as fit and healthy as their customers.
With their Headquarters based in Berlin this company would love for engineers to come into the office, however they are happy to offer full-remote working for this role.
About The Role:
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be in charge of engineering the server-side of their software products. Their back end is built in an event-driven microservice architecture which accommodates all their central services and supplies their customer-facing applications with all necessary information. In this position, your responsibility will be to enhance the client’s existing features, but more importantly develop new logic that will allow them to offer more fitness services, bespoke workout recommendations, chat features, data tracking and more.
The tech stack that you will typically be working with is Node, TypeScript, and Docker which is deployed on GCP.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- Continuously enhancing the backend services
- Designing and implementing new APIs
- Architecting, designing, developing, and operating their microservices
- Supporting both high-level and low-level technical decisions
- Taking ownership of and identifying ways to improve their deployment processes
- Working with relational and non-relational databases (mainly PostgreSQL)
- Continuously implementing clean and testable code and conducting code reviews
Your Skills & Experience:
- Strong experience building RESTful APIs
- Experienced in user authentication mechanisms (JWT)
- Good knowledge of Docker
- Experienced in SQL and database schema design (PostgreSQL)
- Understanding and interest in microservice based applications
- Capability of leading architectural evolution discussions
- Good understanding of deployment processes and continuous delivery
- Fluent in English
- They have an office in Berlin, but can offer fully remote working
- They’re have a collaborative and honest working environment that encourages support and growth.
- You and one friend or family member are entitled to unlimited free fitness classes. I can guarantee you will get fit working there!
- Free fresh fruit and healthy snacks in the office